* I or
|Challenge||I||8:00 am||600 m||30 k||9 k||$40||$50||$70|
Junior Triathlon - 8-10 yrs &
Elementary School Challenge
|100 m||4 k||1 k|
| Junior Triathlon - 11-13 yrs & - NEW START TIME|
Middle School Challenge
|200 m||8 k||2.5 k||$28|
Junior Triathlon - 14-16 yrs & - NEW START TIME
Adult Relay & - NEW START TIME
Short Course Triathlon - all age groups ** - NEW START TIME
|300 m||15 k||4.5 k|
NOTE: You can put on your cycling gears (on top of your swim suit) on the pool deck or in the bike/run transition area out side.
For the safety and enjoyment of all the participants please obey the following Transition Area rules and regulations:
! ONLY THE ATHLETES ARE ALLOWED IN THE TRANSITION AREA !
· There will be volunteers in the area who will be helping all the participants and
particularly the kids and youth divisions
· You must put your helmet on first before you remove your bike from the rack
· WALK with your bike to the BIKE ON line; you can only mount your bike after you pass this line
· You must dismount your bike at the BIKE OFF line when coming back to the transition area; you are not allowed to ride your bike past the BIKE OFF line nor in the transition area
· You must properly place your bike on the rack before you proceed to the run leg of the race; if your bike will not be properly placed on the rack the volunteer will ask you to come back and correct the issue (the volunteers will assist the kids and youth with their bikes)
· ! Please DO NOT move nor re-place any bikes that are properly placed on the bike rack !
· If you need assistance please ask one of the volunteers in the area
Each Relay Team will get two Race Numbers and one Timing Chip.
The Race Number must be worn by Biker and Runner.
The Timing Chip must be worn by Biker and it will need to be passed on to the Runner. The timing chip will be on the elastic band that needs to be places above the ankle (see picture).
There will be a $20 charge for lost or damaged chip
Distances / Start Times / Fees
All participants are solely responsible for their bike safety check and good working condition.
Awards / Results
Note for Relay Teams - only
Trail bike ride - mountain bike recommended / This event will be timed using IPICO Sports chip timing system
NO Bike Check
* I - Individual event *TR - Team Relay event (three or two participants allowed in Team Relay)
Day of the Event
Our Next Event: September 30, 2017
Trail River Run: 21.1k, 10k, 5k
Be Active / Have Fun / Support
Friday April 28, 2017 from 5:00 - 7:00 pm at Running Room, Westwood Centre, Port Coquitlam (604.945.1810) or
on the race day during the Pre-race Registration. Incentives to come to Running Room - you will get an official Creek Classic swim cap; 25% off Running Room merchandise - see poster above.
Date / Location
Race Package Pick-up
! IMPORTANT !
Start time changes for: Junior 11-13 yrs 14-16 yrs, Middle School Challenge, High School Challenge, Adult Short Course, Adult Relay
See table below for details
Saturday April 29, 2017
Hyde Creek Recreation Centre, Port Coquitlam
1379 Laurier Ave. 604.927.7946
Creek Classic Triathlon & Duathlon
It is advised to arrive at the Hyde Creek a minimum 60 min before start time. Participants should be numbered and ready to race 20 min. prior to their start time.
Our events would not be possible without the help of many volunteers. If you are in need of hours for school credits or to fulfill volunteer hours for fire fighting or police requirements, or simply want to help and be a part of a successful event,
please contact us via email or phone. Your help will be greatly appreciated and you will be provided with a Subway lunch and snack.
If you have questions regarding the event or want to inquire about sponsor & volunteer
opportunities please contact us via email or phone.
SEE YOU AT THE RACE!
Swim to Bike
Bike to Run
Awards ceremony - please listen for announcements regarding the possibility of having on site awards ceremony. The medals will be available for pickup at a predetermined location starting on Tuesday May 10; please check this web page for details regarding the pickup location.
The full race results will be posted on our Results page on Monday May 9.
Medals and certificates will be available for pick up starting at 4:00 PM on Thursday May 4 at:
Foot Solutions Tricities - 2748 Lougheed Hwy, Port Coquitlam, (604) 552-3655
Hours of operation: M-F: 10am-6pm, Sa: 10am-4pm, Su: closed
Medals awarded to:
1st, 2nd, 3rd place, female and male (individual categories) - Challenge, Duathlon and overall winners in short course Adult Triathlon, also all Kids categories, all Relays.
Certificates awarded to:
1st place, female and male - all age groups winners in Short Course Triathlon